Because every good Texan has at least 6 of the 7 layers on hand at any given time…and you figure something out for what you’re missing!
This is always good and always a party hit. I add ground meat to mine, making it more of a meal than an appetizer. If you choose to leave that out, you can add the taco seasoning to the sour cream or the guacamole instead. You seriously can’t mess this up.
- 1 lb ground beef, ground turkey or ground venison
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (and water per instructions)
- 1 big can of refried beans
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 16 oz. guacamole or 3 mashed avocados
- lettuce, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes or pico de gallo
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar
*Optional: sliced jalapenos, sweet peppers, olives or whatever the heck else sounds good 🙂
1. Brown your meat in a skillet and follow directions on taco seasoning package to make taco meat.
2. Spread each ingredient in the pan one at a time, making your layers. The goal is to make each bite the perfect bite…with a taste of everything. Mmmmm…
- Refried Beans
- Sour Cream
- Guacamole or Mashed Avocados
- Fully Cooked Taco Meat
- Shredded Cheese
- Enough Shredded Lettuce to cover the dish
- Chopped Tomatoes or Pico
- Olives, Jalapenos, Peppers, Etc.
Your favorite corn chips. We like Tostitos scoops.
3. Dig in! Or cover and chill in the refrigerator. You can make this the night before an event or at the last minute for a hakerin’.
Leave a Reply