No bones about it….this is the easiest and the most glorious bread you will ever make. Seriously, throw out every other recipe you have.
Our good friend, Katelyn, baked this for us the very first weekend we met her…and we’ve been hooked (on the bread and her) ever since. I’ve made it countless times at home and taken it to cook outs and competitions and it’s always a show-stopper. I never have shared the bread without being asked for the recipe.
So when I asked Katelyn if I could post her recipe, she said of course! But, in true Katelyn fashion, she didn’t want the credit…she made sure we give it to her Mama.
So, here it is! Drumroll please….
The 3 ingredient, simplest, easiest, most perfect bread you’ll ever eat: Anne’s Beer Bread! 🙂
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1 bottle of beer (we prefer darker beers like Shiner or Yuengling)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan. I like to use a 8.5 x 4.5 glass pan but a bigger one works well too.
2. Mix all 3 ingredients.
3. Pour into your prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
4. After 40 minutes, insert a knife in the middle of the bread. If it comes out gooey, lay a piece of foil over the bread and cook for another 5-10 minutes. This will continue to cook it but keep it from browning or drying out on top.
5. If you aren’t so completely intoxicated by the smell that you dig in immedietly, let it cool for about 10 minutes, run a knife around the edge of your pan, and it should pop right out.
6. Eat it warm. Eat it cold. Slather it with butter. Or bite into the loaf itself. Any way you slice it, you’ll be as grateful to Anne and Katelyn for this glorious recipe as we are!
Leave a Reply