They’re at every picnic, pot luck and holiday…we all love deviled eggs. And after many attempts, I’ve finally come up with a recipe that hits the spot….Every. Single. Time.
There’s a reason Jay calls bacon the duct tape of food. It makes everything better. 🙂
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (use the real stuff!)
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp dried chopped onion flakes
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbs dried parsley flakes
- 3 slices of cooked bacon
1. Put your eggs in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. 10 years ago I made the wisest $5 investment of my life when I bought this handy egg timer, but if you don’t have one, it usually takes about 14 minutes until they’re hard throughout.
2. Drain the hot water out and run them under cold water.
3. Carefully peel the shell off of each egg. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, and gently remove the hard yolk from each half. I use a fork to pop it right out. Reserve all yolks in a separate bowl.
4. Using a fork, mash all of your yolks. Mix in all of the other ingredients except the bacon.
5. Cut or break your bacon into small pieces and divide equally onto the tops of your eggs. See what just happened there. Deviled eggs just went from “mmmmmm” to “honey hush!”
6. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready.