In honor of my Ags getting ready to btho Tennessee this weekend, I thought I’d share one of my favorite tailgating recipes. It’s not the prettiest dip you’ve ever seen, but it’s glorious…straight from the pot, scooped into individual bowls or dumped into a crockpot to keep it warm. Its good on tortilla chips, veggie chips, kettle cooked chips, wheat thins, air crisps…pretty much anything crunchy that’s strong enough to withstand it’s hearty physique.
I’ve made this Buffalo Chicken Dip as an appetizer, a side dish, a finger food; even once as a warm break for a bunch of guys helping Jay stretch fence. It’s pretty much anything you want it to be. And if all that hasn’t peaked your curiosity and taste buds….it’s so easy to make that it almost feels like cheating.
I’ve been asked for (and of course, shared) this recipe more times than I can count, so hey, let’s make it official.
From our tailgate to yours, Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip.
- 5 oz. canned white chicken or 1 rotisserie chicken, pulled off the bone and chopped
- 1 cup Frank’s buffalo sauce
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing (click here for Smokin’ F Buttermilk Ranch recipe)
- 16 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar
1. In a medium pot or Dutch oven, heat buffalo sauce and cream cheese.
2. Mix in chicken. Canned chicken is excellent and will give you the most buffalo flavor. Chopped rotisserie is delicious. We’ve even used leftover smoked pork. They’re all slightly different, and all good!
3. Add in ranch dressing.
4. Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
5. Ta-Da!! Serve immediately or dump it into a crockpot on low to keep it from cooling down. Just run a spoon or spatula through it before serving, and it’s good to go.
If (and I strongly emphasize IF) you have any leftovers, they can be refrigerated or even frozen. It reheats very well.
Thanks and gig ’em!