You know that one friend that tells you the truth no matter what? That one that will tell you your boots don’t match your skirt. Or that you’re overreacting to your husbands shenanigans. Or that you’re not overreacting….and then will offer up a place to hide the body? Yeah, that’s my Casey.
We’ve been friends for more than 12 years. When my Oliver was learning to talk, he pronounced Casey “CaCa,” so for 9 years now, my kids have affectionately called her Tia CaCa. Everyone from Texas or below knows that translates to Auntie Poo Poo, but she lets them all call her that because she loves us that much.
So yesterday, when I was toying with a new dessert idea, she’s the one I called…because I knew she would tell me if it was a terrible one. But she liked it!!
So, if you’re not as lucky as I am to have a Tia CaCa in your life to keep it real, let me tell you…this has her approval.
It’s cool and creamy and not overly lemony (is that a word?) or overly sweet. You can make it in individual servings like I did or a big trifle dish or bowl or bucket. Either way, it’s sure to be a refreshing summer hit. Enjoy!
- 1 package of Lemon Oreos
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 small box of instant lemon pudding
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 8 oz. of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 lemons*
- 2 Tbs of sugar*
*optional for garnish
1. Whip your cold whipping cream with a wire whisk in a metal bowl until peaks form.
2. Add in 3 cups of milk and both pudding mixes. Mix until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar until really smooth with no lumps. It should have the consistency of a thick icing.
6. Slice your lemons and dip them in your 2 Tbs. of sugar for garnish if you’d like.
7. Layer your pudding mix and Oreo mix to the top of your dish of choice.
8. Refrigerate at least a few hours, but overnight if you have time. I served our first batch last night after refrigerating for about 2 hours. They got rave reviews but the leftovers today are better!